Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DIY Christmas Wreaths Under $10 Project Decorating & Craft Ideas

I personally think all of the wreaths that are in the market right now are way overpriced. Even the cheapest wreath is going to cost around $20! Here I'm going to show you how to make a wreath (christmas) for under $10! ENJOY!

WHAT YOU NEED...

  • GARLAND (9 ft) $4.00
  • TINSEL (25 ft) $2.00
  • Ornaments (Shiny small 16pk) $1.00
  • Ornaments (Glitter medium 8pk) $1.00
  • Any other ornaments of your choice :)



Make sure to get wire garland, that way you don't need to have a base for the wreaths. the wire will give support and structure to your diy wreath.

now, all you have to do is to loop the wire garland into a circle, this will be the base of your wreath. I loop the garland 6 times fyi

then, wrap the wreath base with tinsel! this step is optional. I thought this will add a little something to my wreath so it wouldn't be so plain.. haha

finally, add ornaments of your choice! I picked out these christmas ornament balls at the dollar section at target. I picked out metallic (size: small) and glitter (size: medium) finishes.


Here is the finish product! Target ran out of the $1.00 red bows (the only one they had left was so dirty! it had coffee stains on it..) So i decided to add/make my own! 

If you haven't noticed, this is the same bow i made back in October (DIY Minnie Mouse Headband)

I paid $0.29 for the red felt sheet. one sheet is enough for the bow and the tassel. check out my DIY Last Minute Halloween Idea Costume Minnie Mouse Mickey Mouse Headband Costume Belt for a step by step tutorial on now to make a bow :)

I added two strips of red felt and hot glued it on the back of the bow to make it a Christmas bow! lol


Here is a picture of my diy wreath! WOOHOO.

ENJOY! & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


No comments:

Post a Comment