Thursday, January 24, 2013

REVIEW Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturizer


I have heard tons of good things about this cleanser, how it compares to Philosophy's purity cleanser (which i absolutely hate. check out my empties and review post here!

I used the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser when i was in college after watching so many youtube videos rave about this product. I wasn't impressed. My skin didn't feel clean after I use it. 

About a year ago, I got myself a clarisonic mia ( check out my Clarisonic Mia2 review here! ), the sales associate told me that i should use a gentle cleanser with my clarisonic for my sensitive skin. and i immediately thought of Cetaphil. This time around, i picked up the gentle skin cleanser, and to be honest, there is no difference between the skin cleanser and the facial cleanser. at least i couldn't tell.

This cleanser is fragrance free, gentle, good for all skin types, etc but it doesn't take off any make up or even the most basic cleaning. It was great to use it with an exfoliating tool but not on its own. I feel like i have to use 3-4 pumps every time to get the job done.

Pros:
easily accessible, can be found at most drugstores
gentle
fragrance free
suitable for all skin types face/body

Cons:
does not take off makeup
does not clean well 
pricey considering it's a drugstore product


I used this product back in college along with my daily facial cleanser at the time. I got it because this moisturizer is fragrance free, oil free, spf, etc. 

Well, this moisturizer left my face looking like a greaseball. it broke me out too which was very strange. needless to say i will not buy it again.

Pros:
easily accessible, can be found at most drugstores
fragrance free
spf sun protection

Cons:
broke me out
greasy
pricey considering it's a drugstore product


Got this moisturizer to go along with my Gentle Skin Cleanser, after the daily facial moisturizer spf15 incident, i thought i'd go with the sensitive skin moisturizing cream instead. I went with a smaller size (tube, instead of the huge tub), thinking even if it doesnt work with my skin, i can just throw it in my purse and use it as a hand cream.

at first, i wasn't impressed, it was just another thick moisturizer that isn't all that moisturizing. i kept it in my purse for a while and neglected it since. just about a week or two ago, i ran out of my daily moisturizer, and im on a mission to finish what i already have. I pull this tube out of my medicine cabinet and started using it again. this actually is a really good fall/spring moisturizer. i can see how it'd be a little too rich for summer, but for fall and spring, its good. 

Pros:
easily accessible, can be found at most drugstores
fragrance free
suitable for most/all skin types face and body
affordable 

Cons:
too rich for summer days
too light for winter
squeeze tube, it would have been better if it came with a pump

5 comments:

  1. Haha so basically this brand is a no-go. Thanks for letting us know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Masumi, Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion can be rapidly absorbed into the skin to provide fast relieve and immediate miniaturization. For detail review visit:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/cetaphil-dailyadvance-ultra-hydrating-lotion/

      Delete


  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!




    Face Cleanser and Moisturizer

    ReplyDelete
  3. CETAPHIL cleaning agent was formed for dermatologists as a tender, non-disturbing chemical for even the most touchy skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Review sữa rửa mặt CETAPHIL - Thành phần chính của dòng sữa rửa mặt Cetaphil bao gồm nước, glycerin, cetyl alcohol và propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.

    ReplyDelete