Friday, October 5, 2012

GLOSSYBOX USA September 2012 - GLOSSYBOX Review


It' been a few months since I'm subscribed to GLOSSYBOX ($21/mo), and they certainly impress me every single month! 

I'm all about deals and steals. GLOSSYBOX is probably the best thing i've discover in 2012. I've try MyGlam ($10/mo - piece of crap!) and Birchbox ($10/mo - better than MyGlam but still not worth my money) for a good while before I unsubscribed. I felt like my money went down the drain with these two monthly subscription sites. 

I first heard of GLOSSYBOX through Youtube, but that was way before GLOSSYBOX launch in the US. I guess I entered their US launch giveaway and all of a sudden, I got an email from GLOSSYBOX said that I won the FIRST US GLOSSYBOX! (of course, i double and triple checked their email, website, link, etc to make sure it was not a scam HAHA)

The first GLOSSYBOX was great, not only cuz I got it for free but the products were great. Got a few full size products in the box, BUT i want wait and see if they will keep up with the size and quality of the box before I commit. Also, because I was still subscribed to Birchbox at the time and I still wanted to give Birchbox a few months before I call it a quit.


(May 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA - Launch box)


(September 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA - Theme: Fall Fashion Runway)

GKHAIR   Moisturizing Shampoo [Price of Full Size $20.00/10.1oz]
Nourished with plant extracts, this superior smoothing shampoo will purify and moisturize the scalp and hair.
Sample size:1.5 oz
Sample value: $2.97

GKHAIR   Moisturizing Conditioner [Price of Full Size $20.00/10.1oz]
This gentle moisturizing conditioner puts the finishing touch on your tresses and leaves your hair smooth, radiant, and revitalized.
Sample size: 1.5 oz
Sample value: $2.97

KOH GEN DO   Cleansing Spa Water [Price of Full Size $13.00/3.38oz]
Made with mineral-rich Japanese hot spring water, this best selling spa water is infused with six essential herbs to protect and nurture skin. In a single sweep, it gently removes makeup and skin’s toughest impurities.
Sample size: 3.38 oz
Sample value: $13.00


KRYOLAN FOR GLOSSYBOX   Moisture Rich Lipstick in GLOSSY Pink [Price of Full Size $14.00/0.14 oz]
Treat your lips to a creamy, long lasting lipstick enriched with Vitamin E to stimulate and hydrate your lips.  This perfect pop of GLOSSY pink compliments all skin tones and lifestyles.
Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $14.00

Missha   M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 [Price of Full Size $29.99/1.69 oz]
Hailing from Korea, this Blemish Balm, also known as BB Cream is a multi tasking powerhouse for the face.  This multi use cream provides light coverage, smooths, protects, and moisturizes.
Sample size: 1.69 oz
Sample value: $29.99

Total Box Value: $62.93

GLOSSYBOX continue to impress me every month and I'm now a fan! yay!!! haha. I can't wait till next month's box! woohooo

It may seem like im bashing myglam and birchbox earlier, but these are my honest opinions. GLOSSYBOX has its down sides too, that is the shipment takes forever (on average 2-3 weeks!) and it is $21/mo compare to most other monthly subscription sites. to make it worse, CA residents have to pay sales tax! ($23.05 after tax lol) this is unheard of! (since when monthly subscription services charge tax?!)

Afterall, I still think GLOSSYBOX is worth it, even at $23.05 per month. I get to try out a ton of goodies without breaking the bank.




No comments:

Post a Comment